- Applied for and received $607,500 grant from the Lessard-Sams Outdoor Heritage Council for a 157 acre expansion of the Warsaw WMA. This parcel will be donated to the Minnesota DNR in 2011
- Funded surveys and appraisals process for the above acquisition and other targeted parcels, totaling $16,750. Received Outdoor Heritage grant reimbursement for this amount.
- Conducted over 35 controlled burns on more than 450 acres to assist landowners with their grassland habitat management.
- Hosted four youth on the DNR's Special PF Mentored Youth Pheasant Hunts in October 2009/2010
- Provided additional site maintenance to a planting of over 3,000 trees & shrubs on the Buck Family Memorial WMA, done as a part of an Eagle Scout project conducted by a Hastings Boy Scout Troop.
- Arranged and assisted an Eagle Scout Project conducted by the Hastings Boy Scout Troop on Springbrook Valley WMA that resulted in over 2.5 miles of old fence being removed from the property.
- Donated $250 and several cases of shotgun shells to the Goodhue Co. 4-H Shooting Sports project.
- Applied for and received a Minnesota DNR Heritage grant to contract for a burn crew to perform controlled burn on Tiedemann WMA.
- Planted and maintained food plots on three of the county's WMA's.
- Sponsored two Advanced Youth Hunter Education Seminars for 40-50 youth at the Zumbro Valley Rifle Club.
- Contracted with county farmers for approximately 40 acres per winter of food plots totaling in excess of $11,000 of payments or planting expenses.
- Acquired and distributed tons of shelled corn in the past two winters to feeders in winter shelter areas.
- Continued seven nesting cover project contracts and completed one new seeding totaling 35 acres.
- Gave $5,500 of funding to PF's Legislative Action Fund in Washington, which has had a major influence on the conservation element of the farm bill. PF continues to be recognized as the most influential and effective conservation organization on agricultural issues.
- Contributed $4,000 to PF's Minnesota Habitat Fund (MHF), which has been involved in the acquisition of 10,655 acres in Minnesota for WMA's since 1998. This fund will be contributing $20,000 to the Warsaw WMA expansion in 2011.
- Arranged funding from Minnesota State Pheasant Stamp monies and the Lady Slippers Pheasants Forever Chapter (a MN all-female chapter) to complete the final 35 acres of native grass seeding on the Buck WMA for 2009. COmpleted the native grass planting on the Buck WMA.
We appreciate the support you have provided us in the past and look forward to upcoming projects in the future!